Extensive reading: How Do Photographers" Read" Their Photos?

While "reading a photograph", I adopt different strategies depending on my purpose. Here I will talk about four types of "reading":
  • Skimming
  • Scanning
  • Extensive reading
  • Intensive reading

Yes.... İstiklal Caddesi: A big street at Beyoğlu in Istanbul. I look at the people. What do I see? What do you see? You see the photo above!

But I look for this! Yes!

But why? Because you use the "extensive reading". When we "read" the complex image, usually for pleasure, without putting ourselves into any stress, we would be doing extensive "reading". Like a novels we read during vacation requires this type of reading. We do not bother to look every image we do not know because we are interested in global understanding. Thus, we "read" very fluently...

Next time I will speak about the type of "skimming reading". Follow me please....

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin